Monday, May 21, 2012

Etsy!


This week, I've been spending some time in Dumbo, Brooklyn.


BK Tech Talks was hosting a lecture on whether or not Bitcoin could (or should) be considered a currency.  This sounded interesting to me so I headed out to the Etsy Labs to have a listen.
I was SO excited to be anywhere near Etsy HQ.


 I really enjoyed the lecture, but economics being dry as it is, I headed out to find a place to wet my whistle.

 Maybe a local bar with a show? A contortionist or two?
Maybe a tiny taxidermized mermaid?

 
Wait, What kind of bar is this?

 This bar is known as The Counting Room, and tonight it was hosting the "Pop-Up Sideshow Bar."  These steampunk enthusiasts use their flair for the dramatic to market the historical fiction graphic novel The Peerless Prodigies of P.T. Barnum.

They had lots of free goodies to give away, and I'm always a fan of swag.
 But later that week, I was right back to Etsy Labs.  The feel of the "Church of Craft" meet was a lot different from the "BK Tech Talks" meet, very estrogen rich.
 This time I was ready for a little crafting.
 This is the start to a kanzashi project I'm working on.  I didn't get very far.  Etsy closed shop at 8pm.

Next time: more food, sightseeing and art!

No comments:

Post a Comment