Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Photo Dump: Toyland

Yesterday, I ventured away from my usual routine to check out the Sanrio Store and Nintendo World in Manhattan.  I was in the mood for toys.
 . 
What sane-minded woman would not rush immediately into this store?

 The interior was uber-posh, almost too much for my taste, trendy and expensive.  Not really toys to be found here.  Designer leather and jewelry collaborations with TokiDoki, Dreams Come True, and Tarina Tarentino (ie.  This store was made for my sister).
 And what's this? (no really, what the hell?)
 Unaffiliated with Sanrio in any way, I saw this costumed horror wandering around Times Square.
 The Nintendo store promised to be more my speed.
 There are multiple lounges just for pokemon card trading.
 Pikmin!
 Pokemon!
 Zelda!
 Kirby!
 More Zelda!
 Metroid!


 Mario!
 They had some very fancy Metroid and Zelda figures in the center.
 ....more Metroid...
 GORON!!!
 ...And speaking of Gorons, Nezu breaks her vow to not purchase any useless crap until she lands a part-time job.  But I have a horrible weakness for gashapon toys, and this line of Zelda Gashas run $20 on Ebay.  $5 at Nintendo World.
But look how CUTE they are! The cashier, Adam, spent a good fifteen minutes going through gashapons with me to ensure that I got the Gorons.  He has a trick to tell which is which. 

Later: My internship, getting lost, and meeting Galina and Timour!

2 comments:

  1. Its... So... Beautiful! (there Nintendo store, not so much for Sanrio, though that Hello Kitty furry looks shockingly like an Oshawott in a dress XD) I'm afraid I would have blown my load (figuratively? literally? Who knows...) all over that Zelda display. I want that figure of Link riding Epona. And Samus' gunship, omg :d you found some really adorable Gorons there, too! Almost a shame they didn't have any Korok or Kikwi gashapons. But I know you adore Gorons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I totally knew you'd head there. The nerd in you is strong.

    ReplyDelete