Friday, April 6, 2012

Toyland II: A Trip to Kid Robot and Toy Tokyo

It is Thursday morning, and I don't have to be at work.  Jocelyn, a maker from the HackerDojo in California, has planned to come out with me to St Mark's Place, a Japanese block of the East Village, for sushi and exploration.  She managed to stand me up (insofar as to not even show to the Resistor that evening), but I still had quite the solo SoHo extravaganza!

And now, for the pictures:

First, a trip to Toy Tokyo in East Village.

This is such a fun city to be a nerd...

These POP! figures satisfy every fandom: Disney, Metal/Classic Rock, Star Wars, DC/Marvel, the Simpsons....every time I glance on the internet, they're producing a new line.

Ox King caught my eye in a display full of figures.

And even though I'm not a huge Go Nagai fan, I HAD to take this photo for the O'neils.

Grr...arg...


On then to SoHo to visit Kid Robot.


I was not disappointed.  For reference, this wall mural goes up two stories and onto the ceiling.

What's this?! A felt sculpture of Snarf (snarf snarf)?!

And I really loved these detailed woodland warriors.

Look!  I made it into a picture!  Thank you, convenient mirror, for proving to everyone that I am actually behind this keyboard.

Next time: Why NYC is not the best place to break in a new pair of shoes; I visit the Resistor for the first time, and some true foodie gems for the viewers back home.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, it is a great place to be a nerd...and gamer. Make sure to visit the Nintendo store, if you're into that...my soon to be brother in law brought goodies home from there :)

    My husband would love that Godzilla stand.

    ReplyDelete